Shrinkies - DIY FunTiger Tribe
1. Trace/design your own pre-cut Shrinkie
2. Colour your Shrinkie using the pencils provided
3. Pre-heat oven to 165℃ (325℉)
4. Line a baking tray. Place Shrinkie on the tray, coloured side up.
5. Bake in the oven for 2 minutes — Shrinkie will curl up as it shrinks before it flattens out again.
6. Use an oven mitt to remove tray from oven.
7. Leave for 5 minutes to cool before handling.
8. Once the Shrinkie is cool, create your own keyring with the enclosed connectors!
• 10 pre-cut Shrinkie shapes
• 13 sheets of designs
• 3 double ended coloured pencils (6 colours)
• Fine tip marker
• 10 metal key rings/connectors
• Easy to follow instructions
I’m not sure who had more fun with this activity – me or the kids. We made shrinkies keyrings that reminded me of a similar (and less safe) activity that I used to do with chip packets as a kid! We spent the afternoon colouring in our artwork on special ‘shrinkie’ plastic and then put it in the oven (a mum job) to watch it shrink to a very cutesy size, ready for the keyring to be applied. My son proudly made personalised shrinkies for all his mates and took them to school the next day. Paula from Jetsetting Kids